Friday, May 7, 2010

Night Sky Polar Bears



I know this card doesn't really go with the current season, but when working on my sponging assignment of creating a night sky, I thought this adorable polar bear stamp by Rubber Monger would look great set against a nighttime sky. So, I went for it.

I sponged a Georgia Pacific cardstock panel with the following inks: Vivid Bermuda Blue dye, Vivid Sky Blue dye, Vivid Purple dye, and Vivid Ultramarine dye. I used a Post-It note to mask the snowy ground. I added a few dots in the nighttime sky with a white gel pen and a clear Sakura glitter pen.

I created the snowy ground by adhering Martha Stewart mica flake glitter.

I heat-embossed the polar bear image using Versafine Onyx Black and clear embossing powder. I then cut the image from the cardstock and added it with a Pop-dot. The sentiment is a Michaels $1 stamp, and it was heat embossed as well. White and black cardstock panels were also used to create this card.

Okay. Back to spring we go.

2 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

very lovely

karin

Anja said...

What a beautiful card, i love it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...