Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Autumn Fields


Over the past year, I've been fortunate enough to take a few Zindorf classes at Marco's in Centerville. However, most of the time, when I make a card, I rarely reach for my brayer. I decided I should perhaps, every now and then, take it out and see what happens. This card is a result of getting out the brayer.

I first stamped the pumpkin patch image from Great Impressions with Marvy dye black ink onto Georgia Pacific cardstock. I colored the pumpkins with Copic markers. I then covered the pumpkins with a Versamark markers and clear heat embossed the pumpkins. Once that was complete, I brayered Sea Shells Conch Shell dye ink onto the paper about 1/3 of the way from the top. I used a mask of Post-It notes for the horizon. I then brayered Sea Shells Sandal dye ink onto the bottom half of the card. I then sponged some Vivid Taupe dye ink onto the Sandal ink, using masks. I also sponged some Adirondack Sunset Orange dye ink onto the very top of the Conch Shell for the sky. I proceeded to then stamps some tree images from Sky Kids and Rubber Monger) with Marvy Dye black ink.

I mounted the scene I had created onto black cardstock and patterned paper. I used a corner punch to make the black corners and attached with gold brads. I then stamped along the bottom of the card and swirl from Innovative Stamp Creations with Adirondack Lettuce dye ink.

This was a fun departure from my typical whimsical style. It's certainly not a Zindorf, but I appreciate the trip outside of my comfort zone.

1 comment:

Cathy at Paper Garden Projects said...

This is beautiful! A very nice pumpkin scene. I love all 3 of your Halloween cards. I have this stamp and the pumpkin mouse - but I gotta get that Eat Cake one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...