Monday, September 21, 2009

Angel Star Coloring Practice



Over the weekend, I was in the mood to get out my very neglected Prismacolor pencils. I decided to have-a-go at an image from a Terry Medaris coloring book. I used Terry's example as my guide as I really just wanted to practice coloring and study his use of bright colors. I turned my end result into this card. I added the big yellow star and pop-dotted it to add dimension. Colored cardstock, patterned paper and brads were also used to complete this card.

I am so fortunate to have taken Terry's classes in Peoria, IL and in San Diego, CA. He is totally worth the efforts of traveling, so if you ever get a chance to take his colored pencil classes, do it!

4 comments:

Melody said...

HI! How are you? I recognize that stamp! Your coloring looks amazing!

laos348 said...

I always like when you pull out those pencils - it's such a treat to see your amazing coloring.

kate said...

Wow, that looks *fantastic*!

Debbie said...

Holy shit, Batman, this card rocks!! Love the coloring. You are awesome, gal!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...