Sunday, July 5, 2009

Self-Portrait?


Two months from today, this will be me. Football season starts in just two short months. I can hardly believe it.

I created this card for the Copic Creations Challenge #7, which was to color brunette hair. I immediately thought of this fun Suzy Toronto image from Art Gone Wild. I love everything Suzy Toronoto, just like I love everything Buckeye. So, with that, I love this card.

I stamped the image with Marvy dye black ink onto Georgia Pacific cardstock. I colored the image with Copic markers. Patterned paper, colored cardstock, and Ohio State ribbon were also used on the card. The little pom-poms are actually from a chalk set (which I sadly never used). I just colored the white pom-poms with a Copic marker and adhered to the card. I like the effect, though it is not a new idea. I did the same thing last year with this image.

But, this was the first time making this girl a Buckeye fan with her scarlet and gray. I think I'm going to make another card just like this, so that I can use them as thank you cards to two former co-workers. They are letting me buy their football tickets this year.

Two months from today!!! Go Buckeyes!!!

6 comments:

Banu said...

WOW very pretty :)

Cheryl said...

Great job with her hair! I love everything about your card AND Go Buckeyes! Thanks for joining the challenge!

Payne Holler Cards said...

so cute!!! love Art Gone Wild also

"Kirby" (KrB) said...

Kecia, this is great! Not your adorable-but- used-all-the-time image,... she's awesome. Your did a great job coloring her. I'll have to check these images out. Thanks so much for joining our Copic Creations Brunette challenge.

Jane Wetzel said...

this is so darn cute! ha ha! I live in Ohio so what a treat...btw..great job on the copic challenge! :)

scoopy (Emily) said...

Cute!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...